Monday, January 7, 2008

Web 'Cubed'

[This post is 'cross-posted'.]

O.K. So I've been thinking about this for a while and finally decided to put my thoughts to blog.

You know how the web is considered by most to be the 'read/write' web? I don't think that is applicable any more and would like to offer a new paradigm. I think we need to view the web as 'cubed'. Instead of 'read', we should look at 'consume', because, let's face it we don't only 'read' on the web anymore since 'read' implies text. As for 'write', we should look at 'contribute', since again, 'write' implies text and we now have the ability to 'write' images, videos, audio, etc. And we have a new component -- 'collaborate', since so many of the new applications are social in nature and provide the ability to work with others.

So here's my new slogan: 'Web 'Cubed' -- consume, contribute, collaborate'. [And if anyone can figure out how to get the exponent '3' onto a blog, PLEASE let me know!] [Actually I would like to see it 'Web', then the letter 'C', then the exponent '3'. Help!]

What are your thoughts on this?

No comments: